Are you planning to start a civil engineering degree in autumn 2024 in the UK? Is your course accredited by ICE?
If so, you could become one of our next QUEST scholars. If you're successful, you will receive financial help and direct links to top employers.
As a QUEST undergraduate scholar you could receive:
- Up to £8,000 over the course of your study
- Paid work placements every summer
- Potential for a full-time job with a leading civil engineering or construction company when you graduate
- Experience, knowledge and the badge of an ICE QUEST scholar, good for your CV and your career – especially if you want to become an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
The majority of the scholarships are funded jointly by QUEST and a sponsor company but there are a few fully funded by the CF Lunoe Trust.
Are you starting university in the Autumn 2024?
To be eligible, you need to be starting a full-time accredited civil engineering undergraduate degree at a UK university in September/October 2024 and have predicted A-level grades of ABB or higher.
Preferable subjects are maths and science or design-based subjects. To check if your course is accredited visit the JBM website.
Civil engineers are a force for change and transform the way we live. We need a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination. QUEST welcomes applications from anyone who is suitably qualified and meets the QUEST requirements listed below - regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What we are looking for?
All applications go through the QUEST Committee - academics and industry representatives who need you to demonstrate:
- Passion and dedication to civil engineering
- Academic ability
- Understanding the value of civil engineering and the disciplines involved
- Understanding current challenges and in the future
- Leadership qualities and potential
- Determination and ambition
- Strength of character
- Examples of successful team working
- Evidence of any relevant work experience
The Interview week
If your application is successful, you will be invited to participate in the QUEST Interview Week which will run online from 2 – 6 September 2024. If you are unable to access online conferencing during this week you will be unable to continue with the process.
However, arrangements/adjustments will be considered for candidates with learning difficulties or physical disability e.g. visual disturbance during online discussions.
How to apply?
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Awards for 2024 open in March.
Got a QUESTion?
If you have any questions or are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the Awards Co-ordinator using the link below.