- 16 September 2023
- 09:30 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
DC/2019/08 CRE’s office 9 Wai Lok Street Sai Tso Wan Kwun Tong Kowloon, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The scope of the project comprises the revitalisation of the existing King Yip Street nullah. The section between Kai Lim Road and its outfall, approximately 1 km in length, will be transformed into Tsui Ping River through environmental, ecological and landscape upgrades. The project also aims to enhance the connectivity and walkability of the region by the provision of walkways and landscaped decks. The project is expected to strengthen the flood protection capability of the existing watercourse while fostering a green river channel with community amenity purposes.
- Capacity for the site visit: 20
- Dress code: casual wear
- Registration deadline: 31 August 2023 (Thursday)
Safety training certificates and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Participants shall bring with them their safety training certificate (‘Green card’) on the day of visit. The certificate shall be issued by recognised authorities and be valid on the day of the visit.
- Participants shall bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE), which shall include a pair of safety boots, a reflective vest and a safety helmet.
- Attendees who fail to comply with the above requirements may be refused entry to the site area.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE HKA G&S members. Only successful applicants will be notified.
- The event will be conducted primarily in Cantonese, and English terms will be introduced where appropriate.
- Attendance certificates will be provided within two weeks of the event only if attendees participate for the entire duration of the event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangement
The event will be cancelled/rescheduled to another date in the case of a red or black rainstorm signal, or typhoon signal no. 3 or above is in force by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 07:00. It may also be cancelled because of safety or other reasons.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death, any injury, any damage to, loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.