- The background to the scheme both during the games and in legacy,
- How the concept we developed for London 2012 has been used and refined based on lessons learnt.
- The principal components of the development including the white water channels, the pumping stations, boat conveyors and the water treatment system.
- A key focus of the presentation is the hydraulic modelling exercises undertaken which include by computational Fluid Dynamics and physical scale modelling in the labs at the Czech Technical University.
- The presentation concludes with interesting opportunities following on from these venues in flood rescue works and river channel works.
The presentation also includes a 4 minute video of the physical scale hydraulic modelling that Cundall did at the Czech Technical University.
For more information please contact: