Introduction to Scaffolding Temporary Works (TW)
How to identify the need of TW, what accounts as TW, General approach for collating a brief, project deliverable, design approach, working with stakeholders etc.
Different types of access solutions to carry out works in a safe manner:
- General access (TG:20 compliant, small scale design, etc)
- Cantilevered/suspended access
- Demolitions Access
- Access to grade listed buildings
- Access for industrial building (powerplants, nuclear station, chemical plants etc)
Temporary Roof and Buildings
This section will include temporary weather protection schemes in terms of roofs and enclosed buildings:
- Types of roofs and buildings (brief explanation of Monopitch, Duo Pitch and Canopies)
- Small scale project focus
- Large scale project focus (High speed 2. Hampstead Heath or such)
Network Rail schemes
This section will include projects specific to network rail and challenges encountered. How project deliverables are different from normal projects:
- Considerations under networks rail projects
- Project deliverables
- Project focus
Briefly discuss CDM responsibilities, what it includes and RDG policies.
Image courtesy of Francis Ware.
For more information please contact: