Part 1: Ryszard A. Daniel (Initiator of PIANC WG 189, and Senior Consultant at RADAR Structural) shall present on some of the key findings of the recently published PIANC Working Group (WG) 189, report titled, ‘FATIGUE OF HYDRAULIC STEEL STRUCTURES,’ including:
- how significant fatigue is in hydraulic steel structures, including examples,
- fatigue issues and conditions unique to hydraulic steel structures that require specific consideration,
- engineering practice in fatigue design and construction prior to WG-189 report,
- demand for more specific guidance for hydraulic steel structures in the field of fatigue
Part 2: Dirk Jan Peters (Chairman of PIANC WG 189, and Senior Consultant at Royal HaskoningDHV), shall provide an assessment of how the WG’s findings may be practically applied to structures by Asset Owners and Consultants, how they compare with other guidelines and codes such as EN 1993, DNV GL and API RP2A.
Dirk Jan’s content shall cover:
- Fatigue analysis methods and their assessment in view of hydraulic structures. This includes a study of literature and a critical discussion of the existing design codes.
- Detailing and construction of hydraulic gate components that are crucial in view of fatigue prevention.
- Monitoring, field inspections, assessment and maintenance of fatigue sensitive details.
- General conclusions and recommendations (including repair techniques).
For more information please contact: