Department for Infrastructure Roads Western Division are progressing the design and development of the A4 Enniskillen Southern Bypass between the A4 Dublin road and the A4 Sligo Road.
The proposed Enniskillen bypass will provide a new transport link to the southern side of the town, improving the connection between the A4 Dublin Road and the A4 Sligo Road, offering the following benefits:
- Reduced traffic congestion in Enniskillen, enhancing the town centre environment
- Reduction in noise and air pollution in Enniskillen
- Active travel improvements enhancing the walking and cycling infrastructure links within Enniskillen
- Provision of a new transport link along the A4 from the Dublin Road to the Sligo Road
- Improvements to the A4 Dublin Road and A509 Derrylin Road to enhance road safety for all road users
- Facilitation of more efficient movement of traffic in and around Enniskillen
Presenters Andrew McClenaghan and Michael McLarnon from Atkins will provide a summary of the route selection process and will focus on the Stage 3 assessment of the impacts that the new infrastructure is likely to have on the environment, transport accessibility and integration, economy and road safety. The environmental assessment was documented in an Environmental Impact Assessment Report, and a Habitats Regulations Assessment was also prepared for the scheme.
For more information please contact: