Greenport Hull provides the UK's largest offshore wind manufacturing, assembly and installation facility at the Port of Hull's Alexandra Dock. The scheme was procured on a Design and Build basis with ABP appointing GRAHAM Lagan Construction Group Joint Venture. Doran Consulting were appointed as the Design Team for the GLJV.
The project scope involved the following:
- Reclaiming 7.5 ha of the Humber through the construction of approximately 650m of deepwater quay which can accommodate three off shore wind installation vessels
- Infilling one third of Alexandra Dock with 780,000m3 of dredged sand material
- Heavy duty pavement and associated drainage and services
- Approximately 250,000 m3 of dredging
- Reinforced concrete piled Ro-Ro Ramp
- Lead-in Jetty and Dolphins
- Retaining revetment and scour protection
The presentation will discuss the Design and Build Tender from the Designer's (Doran Consulting) perspective and the challenges associated with detailed design of the significant marine structures including the Main Quay Wall, Lead In Jetty, and the Dock In-fill and reclamation works.
For more information please contact: