- The benefits of soil mixing: why you should consider soil mixing solutions
- The design and execution of soil mixing
- The importance of laboratory and site trials
- New applications for soil mixing including how the construction of the Mersey Gateway Crossing in Cheshire
Colin will also discuss some project highlights and how soil mixing has been used in these applications:
- Halifax – Embankment stabilisation to prevent slippage and to deal with asbestos contamination
- Dover – Remediation of a contaminated site to prepare for redevelopment
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne - The installation of a soil mixed cut off wall to prevent contamination of a River from an old tar factory
- Newport County Council Landfill site: a project to enable compaction of clay liners on the area without reducing the natural low permeability of the silts and to prevent leaching into the underlying strata.
Colin will also be discussing some exciting new developments in soil mixing equipment that we have brought to the UK for the first time, and more importantly, how they can help engineers in complex land remediation projects. Additionally, we will explore the design and execution of deep soil mixing and future developments in soil mixing. There will be a question and answer session at the end.
For more information please contact: