Rory McFadden, Balfour Beatty Project Manager, will be accompanied by David Bishop, Atkins Principal Engineer and Jonathan James, representing the City of Edinburgh Council, to talk about the City of Edinburgh Council’s £22m initiative to safeguard the long-term use of the Victorian Category A-listed bridge.
Over the past 18 months, Balfour Beatty progressed the erection of a complex scaffolding structure which is now complete and facilitating access to all parts of the bridge to allow Atkins to design, and Balfour Beatty construct, the follow on works.
The North Bridge refurbishment upon completion will encompass:
- Structural steelwork repairs.
- Grit blasting and repainting of the structural steelwork.
- Repairs to the cast iron façades.
- Grit blasting and repainting of the cast iron façades.
- Repairs to the underside of the bridge’s concrete deck.
- Improvements to the structural drainage systems.
- Replacement of expansion joints.
- Masonry repairs to the abutments and piers.
- Restoration of, and repairs to, the King's Own Scottish Borderers War Memorial.
- Installation of permanent platforms to improve access provisions for future inspection and minor maintenance.
In addition to the topics above the lecture will also cover the history of the bridge, SCAPE Procurement, Contract, Programme, Stakeholders and Social Value.
Contact: - [email protected]
For more information please contact: