If you're studying civil engineering at college or university outside the UK then why not join your local ICE student chapter? If there isn't a student chapter you could set one up.
Being part of a Student Chapters has a number of benefits:
- Local support network for you and your fellow students
- Demonstrates your commitment to civil engineering
- Enhances your CV/resume
- Free access to all of ICE's online learning resources, E.g. the ICE Virtual Library
- Receive regular ICE updates and newsletters
- Connect with ICE's global network - that's 80 countries
First step. Join ICE as a Student Member. It's free
Students join ICE for free and can then meet fellow ICE student members at their local Student Chapter.
- Bring together students with similar interests
- Meet practising professionals/ICE members
- A forum to share knowledge, experience and challenges
- Organise seminars, workshops, technical talks and debates
- Site visits
- Networking events
- Contact your local ICE Representative who can advise on how to set up a Student Chapter
- They will confirm agreement with the relevant head of department or lecturer who will then act as faculty advisor for your Chapter
- Agree a formal constitution that sets out the purpose and aims of the Chapter
- Obtain endorsement from ICE's International Committee
- Appoint fellow students to your committee
- Devise a series of events for the year ahead
Student Chapter Constitution template (DOTX)
Content type: Membership document
Last updated: 19 December 2022
Your ICE Representative can organise a Chapter web page on ice.org.uk
Each Student Chapter is provided with an ICE toolkit which includes many useful templates.
It is available on request, please contact the International team at: [email protected].
Many of our Student Chapters successfully seek sponsorship for their events from local companies keen to engage with civil engineering students.
As an ICE Student Member it's a simple process to switch to graduate membership.
As a Graduate Member you get further support to help you start and build your career as a civil engineer, including guidance towards professional qualification.
Use the table below to find out more about a Student Chapter near you.
Looking for help and advice on becoming qualified?
Our professional qualification training is here to help you, from advice surgeries to courses in passing your professional review.