ICE president Rachel Skinner is set to host a discussion with a panel representing ICE members who will share their perspectives on ICE’s proposals to introduce a new Chartered Infrastructure Engineer title.
In response to membership feedback and following on from a Q&A session in June, the discussion will offer ICE members the opportunity to put questions to the panel to hear their views about on aspects of the proposals.
Recent studies have looked at how significant numbers of technically competent (and often academically qualified) engineers working in the built environment might be brought onto the professional register.
ICE hopes that the proposal, which is supported by Council and Trustee Board and agreed in principle by the Privy Council and Engineering Council, will allow thousands of experienced engineers, many in responsible and senior roles within the industry, to explore new routes into professional membership.
The Speakers who will participate are:
- Paul Jowitt - Professor of Civil Engineering Systems, Heriot Watt University Edinburgh and ICE past-President.
- Marwa Al-Mohaideb - Senior Engineer, Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)
- Georgia Thompson - Design Delivery Manager, Bam Nuttall
- Andy Alder - Tideway Programme Director, Jacobs and ICE Trustee Board member
- Frank Marples - CEnv CEng FICE - Chair, BSI Committee
ICE is encouraging members to sign up to attend the event, which will take place on Tuesday the 14th of September, ahead of the final member ballot in early 2022.