The paper focuses on the development of CCS, its commercial viability and alternative solutions that could contribute to the realisation of the 2050 net-zero emissions target.
The paper covers:
- What CCS is and its history in the UK
- The potential role for CCS in a net-zero emissions context
- Lessons from development schemes internationally
- Public sentiment around climate change mitigation
- Alternative approaches and technical solutions
The paper was informed by ICE Fellows and other experts.
Civil engineering insights into carbon capture and storage
Content type: Policy
Last updated: May 2020