The submission makes the following recommendations:
- That the Government explore a pay as you go model to replace fuel duty and vehicle excise duty in light of technological changes in the automotive and transport sectors.
- The Government should explore the development and refinement of financing and revenue models including asset recycling, land value capture, crowdfunding and market-led proposals in rail.
- Additional support for energy storage, through contracts for difference or a similar scheme, to enhance the deployment and resilience of renewable energy generation.
- That the National Infrastructure Commission should be placed on a statutory footing in the long-term.
- That, in the event of a loss of access to the European Investment Bank, the UK should establish a UK financial institution to match the capabilities and function the bank provides at present.
ICE’s submission to the Government’s Infrastructure Finance Review
Content type: Consultation