Working with young people is fun, rewarding and great for your professional and personal development.
What our ambassadors do
ICE ambassadors get involved in a variety of activities organised by our Graduate and Student Committees. These include:
- Giving talks on civil engineering careers
- Helping out at after school STEM clubs
- Attending careers fairs
- Creating interactive activities
You could also plan your own events, like talking to students at the school you went to about civil engineering.
A rewarding role
Volunteering with us gives you the opportunity to:
- Help young people to understand and really appreciate what civil engineers do
- Develop skills like planning and public speaking, which can count towards CPD
- Meet other civil engineers and become better known in the community
- Influence all types of young people to become civil engineering professionals
Register your interest
If you'd like to inspire the next Brunel or Fergusson, then let us help you. Simply register your details and we can supply you with supporting materials and advice to ensure your efforts are successful.